Saturday, August 19, 2006

Petunia's Birthday!

Today is Petunia's birthday. I don't think she has any idea what is going on, but she seems excited anyway. This morning we put some new bed sheets from Grandma and Grandmpa on her 'Big Girl' bed and she loved the pillow. Soon we will start weaning her from the crib (or 'the baby bed' as we are starting to call it), so we are getting her used to the idea now.

I just finished wrapping her presents (a bubble blowing toy, some peek-a-blocks, and a book), so we should be set. I still need to put together her tricycle, but it is in the van, and The Wife took it so she could pick up some baloons while Petunia is napping. The Peaches are coming over for some hamburgers and cake later (and hopefully some XBox time, if the ladies permit).

I can't believe she is two! Time sure flies. She is really growing up too fast. Before we know it we will be celebrating Chunk's birthday!

Speaking of Chunk, he smiled for the first time yesterday. Yes, he's smiled before, but this time it had nothing to do with gas. He only does it in the morning first thing, but it sure is fun to see!

This week we are having dinner with Rainbow and some other friends in Salt Lake, so I am looking forward to a night out on the town. We haven't eaten out in a long time, so this will be a nice treat.

My Virtual Villagers are doing well. I have about 78 of them and have solved 10 of the puzzles. The Wife's villagers aren't doing so good. They just don't seem to want to do much of anything. Oh, well. That's the nature of the game I guess.

2 comments:

Rainbow said...

Happy, Happy Birthday to the adoreable little Petunia!!

Hershey used to only smile in the mornings when he first started and then it soon (within a couple of days) began to be anytime. It is the greatest feeling in the world, I tell you.

I also look forward to a night out with all of you. So much has happened in the last year and half!

Knite20 said...

Happy Birthday Petunia!
We enjoyed the burgers, and cake! thanks! Sorry we stayed long :) but we had fun playing Outburst. (in lieu of Xbox, but I guess that's OK.)