Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Burning the midnight oil

After more than two months of agonizing over an issue at work with one of my projects, we were finally successful in upgrading it. It required us to do some work in the middle of the night (which was just completed-hence this very early post), and I just had to blog about it. Aside from a few minor glitches, it appears to be working! I won't bore you with the details because if I did, you would do like my wife does and just nod your head with feigned interest.

A lot of people have put in long hours to make this a success. Even though we never did nail down what the exact problem was, we found a way to make it work regardless, and I am very pleased with the results. I'm sure the Lord had His hand in making it happen when it did. Looking back on it, maybe there was a reason why it wasn't supposed to work the first time. But I am sure glad it works now. Now I can move on to other new and exciting projects without this monkey on my back. I'm sure that feeling is mutual among all members of the team.

I didn't even have to set my alarm to get up at this early hour, because our son decided he was hungry at about the same time. He's my backup alarm clock!

Well, hopefully I can get a few more hours of sleep before heading into work again. This can only be described as the "Sigh heard 'round the world".

No comments: