Thursday, March 01, 2007

Life changes

Holy cow. It has been a while since my last blog. I guess there wasn't too much to report on in the last few months, until now.

We have done something tonight that seems very surreal. We put our home up on the market! We are still kind of like, AH!!...What did we just do? We have been thinking for a long time about moving a little farther north so that we can be 1) closer to family, 2) in a bigger home for a better price and 3) close to a commuter rail stop for work. And this past week, things have just happened to fall into place. This is the way it has always been for our family. At the time, the big decisions were always scary (We thought the same thing each time: "AH!! What did we just do??"), but they just felt right. The decision to marry was right, the decision to move to Layton was right, the decision for The Wife to quit work to take care of the kids was right, and now, the decision to move again seems scary, but right.

There are still a lot of unknowns, like will it sell in 2 weeks or 2 months? We aren't really in any rush, because we haven't even begun to build our next house. Tomorrow we meet with the builder to lock in the lot and the house plan, so that will feel a bit better to at least know that that ball is rolling. We swore that we would never build again, but, here again, the decision just feels right. The other thing that is a comfort in all this is that our next house will be our home base for the rest of our lives. Even if it means we move into an apartment for a few months while they finish building it, I think we are fine with it. It will save us a little money anyway.

Wow. A lot to think about, and I am sure I will blog about the progress as it happens. I feel much better after typing this. Ain't blogs grand? It's like your own free psychiatrist.

For now, while The Wife is away at book club, Petunia is asleep and I am here with chunk. Time for a little diversion...gonna go catch up on 24.

Living the American dream all over again. Wow.

2 comments:

Knite20 said...

I'm stunned. flabbergasted, bewildered. WOW..uhh
I'll comment more when I find the words...

Doug said...

You and us both! Sorry I missed the phone calls last night. I must have had 24 up too loud.