Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Embedding videos

Here is a link to a video from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Newsroom website, which is the website that I maintain at work. It is about President James E. Faust who passed away recently.

I am testing the functionality of embedding videos from the Newsroom site into blogs, similar to what you can do on YouTube.

Click the play button below to view the video:



Looks like it's not too difficult to do, and it works like a charm.

To embed this video in your blog, simply copy and paste the following code into your blog entry:


With a little 'view source'-ing, you can pretty much embed any video from Newsroom that is published. Hopefully soon we can make it easy for anyone to embed Newsroom videos into their blogs or websites. I love trying to figure this stuff out. This is probably the only time that I get to blog and work at the same time! I love my job!

P.S. Sorry for not blogging for a while, but things have been extremely busy. Our house is coming along nicely. My wife drove by it after dropping Petunia off at pre-school today and she said they are putting up drywall! Yay!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well written article.